Welcome to the Independent Surfer!
- The types of information we may collect about you or that you may provide to us when you access or use http://www.indepdenentsurfer.com (hereinafter, “website”), and the products and services contained therein; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
When you download, register with or use the website or the products or services, we may ask that you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
The website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal pages or profiles, forums, geolocation services, bulletin boards and other interactive features, (collectively, “Interactive Services”), that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons, (hereinafter, “Post”), content or materials, (collectively, “User Contributions”), on or through the website. Your User Contributions and Posts are made at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING
When you access or use the website, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Location Information. The website may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
If you do not want us to collect this information do not access or use the website, products, or services, and/or opt-out of location tracking services. Note, however, that opting out of the collection of location information will cause location-based features to be disabled.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Services.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the website and the products or services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the website or the products and services. The information they collect may be associated with your information or they may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, to:
- Provide you with the website and the products and services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Improve our website and our products and services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the website or the products and services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Independent Surfers’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which information held by Independent Surfer about our website or our products and services’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information.
If you are a California resident, you may have a right to know what personal information is collected and disclosed about you under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Additionally, you may have the right to access and delete your personal information. For information on these rights, please see the section on You Rights below.
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are based, global data protection laws may afford you certain rights with respect to your data. These rights may include:
- The right to request access to your information;
- The right to update or amend your information;
- The right to object to certain uses of your information;
- The right to request deletion or restrict the processing of your information; and
- The right to log a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority related to our use or processing of your information.
Any questions or concerns may be sent to email@example.com.